Tuesday, January 31, 2006

Anniversary

Well, I'm a couple days late in mentioning this, but I didn't remember until today. January 28th marked 1 year since my last official day of work at Blue Cross Blue Shield. I worked part time as a Medical Review nurse there, and my main job function was to review ambulance claims for medical appropriateness. I quit at this time last year because I knew I didn't want to put our girls in daycare for just a few hours every day, especially since my pay would hardly cover that. I always knew I wanted to be a stay at home mom.
Well, one year later, and I'm loving every minute of being at home! My photography business really took off in the past year, and I'm so glad that I have more time to devote to it now. I definitely put more hours in doing this than I did at my part time BCBS job, but that doesn't seem to matter much when you're doing what you love to do. I'm very confident that this is what I was meant to do- not only being a mommy, but also being a photographer. In fact, I let my nursing license expire at the end of 2005. I don't anticipate ever having a job in the nursing field again, so I didn't see the point in bothering to keep it up!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

counter